Youn Choi, as a founding partner and Creative Director of pod architecture + design PLLC, heads up the Experiential Graphics, Wayfinding, and Interiors for the office. Prior to pod a+d, she designed and developed projects as a sole proprietor, and as a creative lead for Selbert Perkins Design in Los Angeles. She also started her career with years of work with Disney Imagineering and Sussman-Prejza and Co.
She provides environmental graphic design services with a mission to develop inspirational design, and collaborates with municipalities, public agencies, owners, developers, landscape architects, and the public to create innovative and inspirational branded environments.
By combining branding, public art, signage, way finding, and interiors she creates meaningful environments that enrich and expand the quality of life of the community, and incorporates an innovative design process that includes careful considerations for budget, schedule, and quality control.
Recent pod work includes:
• Exterior and Interior Wayfinding System for the Rabbit Hole Distillery Project, Louisville KY. Beginning in March 2015.
• Exterior and Interior Wayfinding System for 18th Street Arts Complex, Santa Monica CA. Beginning in May 2015.
• Disney Hotel Interior Renovation Concept for Adventure Hotel, Tokyo Disney. Beginning in February 2015.
• Furniture/Sculpture made from 10,000 books and wire mesh, all woven together by the printed word The sculpture called 'Bookmark' is on view in the lobby of the INGLEWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY beginning in August 2014.
• Master plan, environmental graphics communications for the ST. FRANCIS SCHOOL ATHLETIC FACILITY in Louisville Kentucky, a barn red building that sits at the center of a 46 acre campus of green fields and forests. In addition to services listed above, pod.designstudios built physical models as design tools to communicate with the client. The facility opens on August 9th, 2014.
• Master plan, environmental graphics communications for the BOURBON HOTEL in Louisville Kentucky. Services included formal studies of a physical model and engagement of various thematic materials.
For more extensive experience in experiential graphics and interior design, please visit the website below: